Monday, January 19, 2015

Re-arranging our Big Red Country Kitchen Cupboard

I've had this primitive, country cupboard since I purchased it in the 80's at an auction. It, originally, had a nice, old door and was just brown stained wood and probably came out of someone's farmhouse. It was used in the kitchen like that for a long time, until the day that I decided to remove the door and use it as part of my "nail station"....I was a tech for many years!  Sadly, somewhere in time the door got left behind and a variety of curtains have taken it's place.

Here it is in our Carolina room aka my craft/office space. It was holding tons of supplies and my printer.

I had the urge to move it into our kitchen this past weekend and use it as a storage cupboard again....it was a "beast" to move! Thank God for my honey and his hand truck!!!

 Country primitive LOVE!

A country arrangement now sits on top.


Gucci's leash and treats hang from a handy hook.

It's taken the place of our black desk

and adds a bold pop of red to all of the black in the room.

The burlap board of Love got moved here.

Now, the cupboard is hiding our t.v and printer and a lot of my other supplies and papers.

It was a full days work re-arranging and organizing my supplies in both of the rooms.
A little bag switch!

The furniture swap is really blending in well in both rooms, now and I'm a happy, happy camper!


   Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!


A very special "thank you" to Kathy from adelightsomelife for featuring this post on her wonderful blog!

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This seems like one of those pieces that would work great wherever you might need it, Janet. I am hoping that the cabinet piece I am getting for our master bathroom will be the same way. If, at some point in the future, we should move again, it will be a nice piece to take and could be used anywhere.

Beth in NEPA said...

How lovely that you have had that cupboard through so many uses. I bet it is secretly "hiding" a few more for the future...........

Kathy said...

Just love your red cupboard! It's wonderful! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy