Friday, January 30, 2015

Hearts, White Roses, Transferware & Ironstone

I made this little vignette to use as a centerpiece for Valentine's Day. Our, cast iron, terrarium gets a lot of use all throughout the year and I never tire of using it for seasonal displays.

For now it's sitting on our kitchen counter.

A vintage, ironstone creamer holds faux, ivory roses on top of a stack of red transferware saucers and a remnant of red and white striped fabric. The sweet, little heart was a gift from a dear friend!

I hope to find real miniature, white roses to re-place the silk ones that I used here. I would always prefer real over silk. However, sometimes it's inconvenient to shop for them, or too wasteful to spend the money or they just can't be found.

I made the salt dough hearts and scripted ribbon last Valentine's Day. I made some really cute things with the hearts.
 You can find them here 


 I love them plain and simple just hung from white twine, too.

Not too fancy....just a plain and simple touch.

I love the way the roses formed a little roof on top.

I had to show you the addition to our country cupboard.

The woven tote is a birthday gift that I'm using to hold the white ranunculas (yup, they're faux, too)

I'll be using it as my tote for the pool and beach real soon!
Thanks to my thoughtful mother in-law...she's a sweet, 91 year old, who never forgets!!!
 Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!

   


Woo-hoo this post was featured @ adelightsomelife ...that you, Kathy!



Sharing this post at these great parties
staceyembracingchange
rootedinthyme  
thededicatedhouse
adelightsomelife  
onemoretimeevents
lifeonlakeshoredrive  
frenchcountrycottage  

4 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your pretty little terrarium, Janet! It is the perfect size to sit on your counter, too.

Tarnished Royalty said...

What a pretty vignette! I really like your dough hearts, the scrolly design in them is so pretty. Ooo the pool and beach sound so good! ~Ann
Tarnished Royalty

Unknown said...

Love the small details xoxo

Kathy said...

I love your Valentine vignette, JP! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy