Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Shabby Hanging Heart Pillow

I've had this project for, literally, almost four years, now. It's been on my project board to make it. It was another one of those things that I just couldn't get to....until just the other day. I'm happy to be able to cross it off my list and say, "it's finally done" and I am quite happy with the results!

Here it is hanging on this chippy old door in our entry. ( sanding the beige layer of old paint to reveal the creamy white base color is another thing on my project list that just might get done, soon!)

This was my inspiration....unknown original link source :( If anyone knows who the creator is I would love to give a link back where credit is due!

My colors had to blend in with the decor that we have so red and white and beige is what I chose.

I used fabrics that I had on hand to avoid running around town in search for something more perfect. I really wanted to get it done!
I appliqued the red heart and white heart fabrics with a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine. And "yes" I said sewing machine...you all know that I use hot glue whenever I can!

This sweet fabric came from Walmart.

I used my stamps (you've seen them before, too) to add some romantic script to the white fabric and  linen ribbon.

The original heart pillow had a rusty bell on the bottom. I had a few of these brass and rhinestone beads on hand and just  used them instead.

I decided to move the pillow to our ladder to create this vignette.

 I would love to use real roses in my decor, but to run into town (25 mins. away) would have been just too frivolous since I didn't need to make a trip.

This one doesn't look so bad!

Are you starting to see why I chose to go with red and white?

My next few posts, of our living room and kitchen, will really let you see how the colors are perfect for our decor, so do stop back it's looking quite romantic!

   Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
and Gucci, too!

2 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Janet! I love it!

Valentine's Day and Christmas are the only times I really bring red into my décor. Well, except for two red and white toile pillows that I keep on my couch all year long. Otherwise, I've been liking the more subdued colors in recent years - colors that are softer and have a faded look.

Ann Marie said...

Janet, this is so sweet. You did a great job based on the inspiration photo. It's a lovely decoration for Valentine's Day. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey www.irisabbey.com