Monday, May 19, 2014

Lazy Susan Love!

I love our lazy susan!
It's so-o-o very special because it was given to me by a 
very, very special man in my life! He is the one who is "Poppy," grandpa to all four of my girls and the other man in my life that means so much to me!


He made this beauty for me, one Christmas, many years ago. It's a huge and made of solid pine just like our table.

It's been natural stained pine, hunter green and now, cream with white and gold hand painted accents.

It's so handy for holding everyday necessities and for easy access of serving full course meals. No need to ask for passing.....just spin it around and "help yourself!"

My new passion, red transferware and my mother's sterling sugar spoon and spreader get a lot of use each day.

Heirloom silver plate flatware is handy in this vintage ironstone pitcher.

Ranunculas in another old ironstone pitcher, with a floral relief design,

and accented with a torn strip of floral fabric.  

Red, striped, place mats were an easy "no sew" project and add some interest to the centerpiece when not being used.

I made this faux chalkboard organizer last week. It's for sale in my space, now....I'll be back to share it with a closer look and more of my ironstone collection in our corner cupboard, too!


  Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!



Visiting Southport,  N.C? be sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!


    Sharing this post at these great parties

craftsalamode  

ivyandelephants  

cedarhillfarmhouse  

kathewithane  

rustic-refined  

3 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a wonderful gift, Janet! The vignette you put on top is very pretty. I love transferware!

Art and Sand said...

What a beautiful vignette you have created on your lazy susan.

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow....I am in love with your ironstone pitcher...I have seen tons of ironstone online and in stores but never saw one with a relief pattern on it. It's wonderful. and I hope, pray and beg that the raniculus (I' a bad speller) I just planted 2 weeks ago looks half as good as the ones in your pitcher!