Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Re-cycled Ruffle, Our Spring Mantel & New Vignettes

Spring is making it's way around our house. Last week I shared our bay window's re-do in the kitchen and today I finished the fireplace and mantel, along with some new vignettes.

Ivory and white with a touch of red always makes me happy :)

The linen ruffle is just pinned to the mantel. It was salvaged from my old, no sew, pillow covers.
This is one of the pillows and the post is here.



 I knew, eventually, they would come in handy for something! It's just attached with tiny straight pins, as you can see, without any fear of damage to our "lended mantel"....we're in a rental, remember?

Faux roses in silk and the "coffee filter" kind

"Daddy's" baby shoes 

Our white, rustic ladder now hangs above. I love using ladders in our gardens and decor. If you'd like to see more just type in ladder in my search bar, you will find lots of other posts with my ladders.

I attached two, saw tooth, hangers on the top backside to suspend it from.

The side chair got a really quick re-do with some burlap.

I just cut it slightly larger than the old red fabric, turned the edges under and hot glued it right up close to the braided trim....easy peasy,"no sew!"

A white washed, bushel basket with a little glam holds a useful blanket for chilly nights on the hearth below.

A candle votive filled with coffee beans and made by my dear niece, sits on top of a vintage column on the other side.



Another ladder also "springified"

with our garden lantern decked out in pearls

it fits perfectly on top.

More faux roses and a recent, old, french book find.

A bird with pearls in a burlap nest with grandma's handkerchief aside.

A burlap nest is so easy to make....it's just a long strip, twisted, wound and hot glued!

A special pic of me and my "honey," posing next to our limo, for a special night out on the town. It was his 50th surprise celebration, 15 years ago last fall!


 Yesterday, I made a, no sew, lampshade cover for my shabby lamp.

That post is up for viewing!

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

JP
and Gucci, too!


Visiting Southport,  N.C? b e sure to stop by my booth @ the Northrop Antiques Mall and see what I may have there for you!


A very special "thank you" to Kathy from  lifeonlakeshoredrive  
for featuring this post on her blog!


 Sharing this post @ these great parties

etsycottagestyle  

craftsalamode

thededicatedhouse

frenchcountrycottage

craftberrybush

lifeonlakeshoredrive

redheadcandecorate


8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Such pretty vignettes. I especially like the clock and pearls!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I have really been drawn to ladders lately. I need to find one to decorate with. Yours look nice! I always enjoy ruffles too :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty indeed! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

Lovely vignettes on your mantle. The ladder is a great addition.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love all of your vignettes, how fun and your little ladder over the fireplace, that is totally genius. Hugs, Marty

One More Time Events said...

JP...It all looks so pretty…loving the additions of pearls.. very cute!!!

deb said...

Simply gorgeous!! Lovely vignettes and love the ladder
*hugs*deb

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

Very sweet home , hope to post when I get some sun here for the pictures.Laura