Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Rolling Pin Display Recipe Holder

You probably have been wondering where I have been and what I have been up to since I haven't been posting as much as before our move, right?
Well, I've been enjoying the sun, the beach and the pool with my daughter, who recently moved down here, too. And one day, while I was showing her around "Southport" the gorgeous town where they filmed the movie "Safe Haven" we happened upon the filming of Under the Dome, my new favorite t.v. series on CBS on Monday nights. Well, to make a long story short we found out how to become extras and have started a new side "gig." We've had a few scenes in that and also in an HBO series called Eastbound and Down. We are now, waiting anxiously to be included in the filming of Sleepy Hollow and Christmas in Conway. Our area is, now known as, the East Coast L.A. and filming has become a year 'round thing. So, stay tuned and I'll keep you posted for show times....if you should care to try and catch a glimpse of me or the back of my head ;) LOL!
Now, on with the real reason for my post...
I've been pretty busy hunting down and gathering items to bring into my shop space. Since, I'll be adding a few rustic, country kitchen pieces and have a few vintage rolling pins to put up for sale, I decided to do something a bit fun to one.  
I decoupaged on some kitchen measures for a fun touch.
Wrapped and knotted some cotton, clothesline rope for hanging on the wall or from a cabinet knob and attached a recipe card....it's a convenient place to keep them handy while you cook!
I had my "honey" drill and screw on the special knobs...
which are perfect to hang cookie cutters, measuring spoons and such.
So, do you like how it turned out? I do...I really, really, do!
Here's an easy peasy version!

And how I love it in my kitchen!
If you missed it you can see my memo board post here.
 Now, I just hope that I can sell some!!!
Love, Hugs and Kisses,
JP
This post was honored with a feature @


Joining these great parties












9 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! I not only love how charming it looks in the kitchen but, how it has a useful purpose too! It's always a plus for me having measurements right where I can see them and great knobs to hang those important items. Great Job JP!

Crafts a la Mode said...

JP!!! You are a movie star! How exciting and to think it goes on and on. The excitement of it all! Fun and I love the rolling pin. I'm featuring you tonight on the new party. Glad you are back! Linda

JP said...

That is awesome....my little ole rolling pin gets a feature! Thank you, Linda!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Totally in love with what you did with your rolling pins and I just may have to borrow the idea if okay with you!!
I LOVE Under the Dome and I am anxiously looking forward to Sleepy Hollow ! Congrats to you!!

Hugs,
Deb

Karyn said...

This is such a cute idea!I love it. I have a rolling pin, which belonged to my Mother,that all the women at her bridal shower signed. I would love to do some variation of your idea with hers. Thanks for sharing!

Karen

Kathy said...

This is such an amazing idea! Love how it looks and is so practical! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Kathi said...

Cute! And I love your cutting boards behind the rolling pin too. :-) Thank you for sharing at the HomeAcre Hop; I hope you'll join us again this Thursday.

Kathi @ http://www.oakhillhomestead.com

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

These are so cute!! And what a great idea! Love the red with recipes on it! :) Have a lovely day! xo Holly

srpprcrftr said...

How absolutely fabulous to be in the movies one way or another and maybe get paid, good for you and your daughter.
Have to tell you I love what you did with that rolling pin. I have a few older pins I collected in MT and KY, don't use them but just can't part with them. I could rotate them and use one a month, what a great idea you had. So glad I clicked on your post and found you. I was thinking of doing this in a simpler version and using all my rolling pins attached in the middle section of cupboard door. Maybe paint the middle section also. Hmmmm you've really got me inspired now. Hope you're enjoying this busy, crazy happy time of year. Think I need to subscribe to your blog.