Tuesday, May 21, 2013

No Sew Shabby Ruffled Pillows & Keeping Busy


I'm missing my girls and grands back home and yesterday was my 1st sad day with worries about my girls and not being there for a shoulder to cry on (the phone and internet just don't cut it!) 
So, to help pass the time and not constantly worry I decided to get working on some projects.

 I have been wanting to cover our, four, couch pillows for quite some time...their color and pattern were never my style!
 This is what I ended up with....a NO SEW pillow with shabby ruffle trim.


Here they are with their rust and brown, geometric print...not my style!

So, I racked my brain on what to do.... what would be quick , cheap and easy?

Well, I had four, red, standard pillowcases, (from Dollar General for just $4), scraps of leftover linen, baker's twine, jute string, an assortment of buttons (you know I love my glam) and my favorite friend, good old, hot glue....so, here is how they went.

After, simply, slipping my pillows into the pillow cases and thinking about what I should do next,  I came across this leftover ruffle laying in my scrap pile.  It was just long enough to wrap around the front of my pillow and I had just enough fabric to make, three more, matching ruffles!

I gathered and glued my 5" wide strip and used  FRAY CHECK to keep my shabby, raw edges from raveling away, in due time.

After folding the extra length of pillow case over the back I hot glued my ruffle in place and used my baker's twine and jute to tie it and glued that in place, too....not perfect, but, just so  easy!!!


The brasstone, rhinestone button got hot glued on and added just the right, finishing touch!

It's just right, now, for our couch and décor!


I love them with my Shabby Glam Washstand one of my reader favorite posts!

On the couch.

and with "Gucci' on the love seat.

His favorite spot! 


Love, Hugs & Kisses,
JP

 This post was honored with a feature @

Now, a big thank you to these great, party hosts!








8 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it. Such a cute idea and they look fabulous on your sofa. Super nice way to update a pillow. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

ANNE said...

What a sweet little dog! Love the shabby pillows, so pretty too.

Thanks for visiting me today.

Have a wonderful week xox

Unknown said...

I love your pillow! It is so adorable!! I am featuring it at Pick of the Bunch!

I'm happy to see you are getting settled in, but I know the change is tough. Hang in there!!

Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
XO
Kathy

Rain said...

Love them! I have three new pillows that need this boost!! Tks for sharing!
Rain :)

Rain said...

Love them! I have three new pillows that need this boost!! Tks for sharing!
Rain :)

PJH Designs said...

I love your pillows. They look fabulous on your sofa. So pretty. I'm so glad you joined us this week at Transformed Tuesday. Have a great week.

Hugs,
Peggy~PJH Designs

One More Time Events said...

So Cute! Thank you so much for sharing at One More More Time Events.

Christine at Little Brags said...

omg,that is one smart idea.....Christine stopping by from Little BRags