Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Front Door Wreath... it's a l'il bit chippy!

Our wreath was calling for a new look to match the front of our new home. Since, it had acquired a worn and weathered look from being outside and I just love chippy and worn, I chose to leave it alone and just add some pretty, artificial flowers to match the color scheme of the outside of our house.

Here's a little glimpse with a little butterfly added with Pic Monkey (Royal Upgrade)

a little bit more.
 
 The wreath looked like this, on our mailbox, at our home in New York.
 
 
Oh, I miss our clematis...it will be even bigger this year. Kristi, send me pics!
 
 
 After removing the purple and pink  flowers it looked like this.

Now, it looks like this with faux, white hydrangea, red, flowing flowers (not sure what they're supposed to be) and a white, burlap ribbon...do you like?
 
Pretty nice!

Red anthuriums make a perfect accent to our stoneware collection.

 The 1800's, cast iron, chair is in this post here.

A sweet view from the road.
 
 Lookin' good for the weekend!
 
 Happy Memorial Day, Y'all!


Love Hugs & Kisses,

JP


 
Joining these great party hosts
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

savvysouthernstyle 

cedarhill-ranch

5 comments:

At The Picket Fence said...

Your home is so beautiful JP and the wreath looks fantastic! Thanks so much for paying us a visit today! :-)
Vanessa

Crafts a la Mode said...

Hi, JP. I love all your decorating. I FOUND A LADDER on the side of the road and I'm going to cut it up and make some shabby ladders, like yours. :)Wow. Was I happy when I saw that ladder... Your friend, Linda

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You home is so beautiful. I love the wreath and your curb appeal is amazing. So welcoming and inviting. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

I host a weekly link party called "Seasonal Sundays". This week, in honor of my fourth blog-a-versary, I'm having a giveaway of a $100.00 gift certificate to HomeGoods/TJ Maxx. I'd love to have you join the fun!

- The Tablescaper

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What a beautiful wreath! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

Take Care,
Jody